TGAP OPEN HOUSE
Date: July 31st
Time: 4:00 - 7:00
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
#WeAreTGAP Watch us SOAR!
Our mascot at Tesnatee Gap Elementary is the Peregrine Falcon.
Our Motto is S.O.A.R
Watch us S.O.A.R by...Supporting Others & Acting Responsibly
Are you looking for a little help getting your child ready for Back To School.
Back to school time can be both exciting and stressful for students and parents alike. Getting ready for the first day of classes is a family effort. These tips from Kids.gov may help parents make this year’s back to school time easier:
- Schedule time with teachers. Keep an open dialog with school staff to help your children thrive.
- Get your shots. Some schools require immunization records for entry. Find out if your child needs any vaccines before school starts.
- Ease into the school routine. A good night sleep is key to a successful school day. Preschoolers need 11-12 hours of sleep a night, school-age children need at least 10 hours, while teens need 9-10 hours.
- Pack a healthy and safe lunch. Choose a balanced meal for your children’s lunchbox and make sure you keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold. Low-income families may qualify for free and reduced price school meals.
- Shop smart. Some states have sales tax holidays in August. Make a list, know what you need, and shop the sales. Knowing where the bargains are will help you save.
- Talk to your kids about online safety. Identity theft, bullying or inappropriate behavior can happen online. Teach your children about online safety as use social media to connect with old and new friends at school.
- Plan and practice how to get to school. If your kids’ school or school system provides bus transportation, find the nearest stop to your home and the pick-up and drop-off times. Teach your kids to be safe whether by car, bus, bicycle or walking.
- Teach time management. Leisure time, sports, and “screen time” can interfere with homework. Keep your family's schedule on time with these tips.
- Make sure kids are insured. Your child could qualify for free or low-cost insurance through Medicaid or the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Listen to your kids. Anxiety and nerves can take over, so provide a safe environment at home and in the classroom. Talk to kids about bullying and what to do if they encounter it.
Check Kids.gov throughout the year for free educational and timely information for teachers, parents and kids. We're also on Pinterest! Check out our Back To School Pinterest Board.
K-2 Coding Club Contact Information:
Mrs. Kostulakos firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Holcomb Elizabeth.email@example.com
Mrs. Kelli firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Grisham suzanne.grish email@example.com
3-5 Coding Club Contact Information:
Mrs. Bass firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Bishop email@example.com
Mrs. Carney firstname.lastname@example.org
TGAP Coding and Robotics Club
Welcome to the Club!
Fall Meeting Dates:
Tuesday, September 5
Tuesday, September 12
Tuesday, September 19
Tuesday, September 26
Tuesday, October 3
Tuesday, October 10
Tuesday, October 17
Tuesday, October 24
NO CLUB ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 31
Tuesday, November 7
Tuesday, November 14